Old Fashioned Jelly Roll
|Sponge cake||1⁄2 (1/2 Recipe, Old Fashioned)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Fruit jelly||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Any Type)|
1. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan; line bottom with waxed paper; grease paper.
2. Prepare batter for Old-Fashioned Sponge Cake; spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake in hot oven (400°) 10 minutes, or until top springs back when pressed with fingertip.
4. Loosen cake around edges with a knife; invert onto a clean towel sprinkled with 1 tablespoon 10X sugar; peel off waxed paper. Starting at the short end, roll up cake, using towel to lift and guide it; wrap in towel; cool completely.
5. Unroll cake carefully. Spoon jelly over cake, spreading to make an even layer. Reroll cake and place on serving plate. Dust with remaining 10X sugar. Cut into slices to serve.