Lasagna Roll Ups
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||200 Gram|
|Canned tomato puree||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna noodles||1 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, sliced (1 Package)|
1. Cook chicken with water, onion, salt and pepper 40 minutes, or until tender, in a large saucepan.
2. While chicken cooks, combine the spaghetti-sauce mix, tomato puree, sugar and butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce the heat; cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from broth; cool; reserve broth. Skin chicken; remove from bones, cut meat into small pieces.
4. For filling: Combine 1/2 cup of the reserved broth with half of the chicken and half of the spinach in the container of an electric blender. Cover and whirl until smooth, for about 1 minute. Place mixture in medium-size bowl, scraping sides of blender container with rubber spatula. Repeat with the remaining chicken, spinach and the 1/2 cup broth; add to mixture in the bowl; add nutmeg, blending well. (If you do not have a blender, chop the chicken and spinach as fine as possible, then stir in enough chicken broth to make a smooth paste.)
5. Cook lasagna noodles in a kettle, as label directs; drain; cool in a large bowl of cold water.
6. To make the roll-ups: Remove lasagna noodles, one at a time, from the cold water and pat dry with paper toweling. Spread with scant 14 cup chicken mixture; roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Repeat with all noodles.
7. Pour 2 cups of the prepared tomato sauce in the bottom of a shallow, 12-cup baking dish. Arrange roll-ups on the sauce, making two layers if necessary. Spoon remaining sauce over roll-ups.
8. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 20 minutes. Cut the mozzarella in lengthwise strips and arrange on roll-ups. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.