Stuffed Ham Roll
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Pre soaked dried apricots||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram)|
|Whole wheat breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ham steak||7 Ounce, unsmoked (200 Gram)|
|Rosemary sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallot and fry for about 4 minutes, until soft. Transfer to a bowl, add the apricots, breadcrumbs and rosemary and mix well.
2. Finely grate the rind of half the orange. Cut the orange in half, squeeze the juice from one half, reserve the other half. Mix 1 tablespoon of the orange juice and all the grated rind into the apricot mixture. Season with a little pepper.
3. Place the stuffing along the centre of the ham steak, roll the ham round the stuffing and secure with a cocktail stick or skewer.
4. Place in a flameproof dish and pour over the remaining orange juice. Cook under a broiler for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, remove the peel and pith from the reserved orange half, then cut into slices.
6. Transfer the ham to a warmed serving plate, remove the cocktail stick and pour over any orange juice from the dish. Garnish with the orange slices and rosemary and serve with vegetables or salad.