Tex Mex Turkey Cutlets
|Taco shells||2 Ounce, made into crumbs (2 shells, 1 ounce each)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|1% low fat buttermilk||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Turkey cutlets||1⁄2 Pound (2 cutlets, 1/4 pound each)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, seeded and diced|
|Mixed vegetable juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped scallion||2 Tablespoon (green onion)|
|Seeded minced chili peppers||1 Tablespoon (mild)|
1. On sheet of wax paper combine taco shell crumbs and cornmeal; set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, chili powder, and lime juice and stir to combine.
3. Dip turkey cutlets into buttermilk mixture and then dredge in cornmeal mixture, coating both sides and using all of the mixtures. Arrange cutlets on nonstick baking sheet; drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil over each cutlet.
4. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn cutlets over, drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon oil, and continue broiling until cutlets are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
5. While cutlets are broiling prepare sauce. In small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients.
6. To serve, transfer cutlets to serving platter and top with tomato mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 385.4 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.4%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 173.5% Vitamin C 107%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet