Walnut Freezer Roll
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Make, then freeze, as follows:
1. With mixer at medium speed beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; beat into butter mixture. Stir in walnuts. Wrap in foil; refrigerate several hours, or until firm.
3. Divide dough in half; shape into 2 long rolls about 2 inches in diameter; freezer-wrap, then freeze.
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Unwrap cookie dough; slice off as many cookies as desired, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Rewrap the unused portion and return to freezer. Place slices on greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake about 8 minutes, or until light brown.
4. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 7 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6004 Calories from Fat 2740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 310 g477.5%
Saturated Fat 125.6 g628%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg302.3%
Sodium 2452.1 mg102.2%
Total Carbohydrates 760 g253.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.4%
Sugars 447.5 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 177.1% Iron 159.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet