Cottage Cheese Rolls
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
1. Set orange peel aside. Put orange juice into a large glass bowl. Heat uncovered in microwave oven to lukewarm (105° to 115°F), about 15 seconds at HIGH.
2. Sprinkle yeast over orange juice and stir until yeast is dissolved.
3. Heat cottage cheese uncovered in a small glass bowl in microwave oven just to lukewarm (30 to 45 seconds at HIGH). Stir into yeast mixture, then stir in all remaining ingredients, except flour; mix well.
4. Beat in flour gradually, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until completely blended; beat vigorously about 20 strokes (dough will be sticky and heavy).
5. Cover with a clean towel; let rise in a warm, draft-free place 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
6. Stir dough down, divide evenly into 12 buttered wells of muffin pans safe for use in microwave and conventional ovens. Cover with a towel, let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, or until double in bulk.
7. Meanwhile, preheat conventional oven to 400°F.
8. Cook uncovered 6 rolls at a time in microwave oven 3 to 5 minutes at SIMMER, or until hollow-sounding when tapped. Rotate pan one-quarter turn during cooking period.
9. Immediately transfer rolls to preheated oven and bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Serve while hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1498 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.5 mg87.2%
Sodium 3141.8 mg130.9%
Total Carbohydrates 263 g87.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.3%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 64 g127.2%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 16% Iron 96.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet