Cottage Cheese Rolls
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
1. Set orange peel aside. Put orange juice into a large glass bowl. Heat uncovered in microwave oven to lukewarm (105° to 115°F), about 15 seconds at HIGH.
2. Sprinkle yeast over orange juice and stir until yeast is dissolved.
3. Heat cottage cheese uncovered in a small glass bowl in microwave oven just to lukewarm (30 to 45 seconds at HIGH). Stir into yeast mixture, then stir in all remaining ingredients, except flour; mix well.
4. Beat in flour gradually, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until completely blended; beat vigorously about 20 strokes (dough will be sticky and heavy).
5. Cover with a clean towel; let rise in a warm, draft-free place 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
6. Stir dough down, divide evenly into 12 buttered wells of muffin pans safe for use in microwave and conventional ovens. Cover with a towel, let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, or until double in bulk.
7. Meanwhile, preheat conventional oven to 400°F.
8. Cook uncovered 6 rolls at a time in microwave oven 3 to 5 minutes at SIMMER, or until hollow-sounding when tapped. Rotate pan one-quarter turn during cooking period.
9. Immediately transfer rolls to preheated oven and bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Serve while hot.