|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (100 To 110 Degree F)|
|Bread flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter flavored cooking spray||1|
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 1/2 cups warm water in a large bowl,- let stand 5 minutes.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine 3 1/2 cups bread flour and salt in a bowl, cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Gradually stir flour mixture into yeast mixture, adding enough of remaining flour (if necessary), 1 tablespoon at a time, to form a soft dough. Cover dough tightly, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 5 days.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 1 to 2 minutes). Shape dough into 24 (1 /2-inch) balls, place balls in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Uncover rolls, bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden. Coat warm rolls lightly with cooking spray.