Flounder Rolls Stuffed With Cheese And Spinach
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Scallions||3 Medium, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Frozen chopped spinach||5 Ounce, thawed (1/2 Of A 10 Ounce Package)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flounder fillets/Sole fillets||1 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
3. In a food processor, mince the garlic. Add the scallions and chop finely.
4. Place the spinach between several sheets of paper towels and squeeze it as dry as possible.
5. In a medium-size bowl, combine the garlic-scallion mixture, the spinach, ricotta, Swiss cheese, egg white, lemon zest (if using), flour, oregano and pepper.
6. Place the fillets on a work surface. Dividing evenly, spread each fillet with the filling. Loosely roll up the fillets and place them seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
7. Pour the lemon juice over the fish and dot each roll with 1 teaspoon of the margarine. Bake the fish 20 minutes, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork. About halfway through the baking, spoon some of the pan juices over the fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1475 Calories from Fat 684
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.3%
Saturated Fat 33.1 g165.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351.5 mg117.2%
Sodium 1828.4 mg76.2%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 103 g206.3%
Vitamin A 316.2% Vitamin C 161.2%
Calcium 123.5% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet