|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Smoke flavored barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded pared carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From 2 Slices)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine ground beef with seasoned salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix lightly with a fork. Pat into a thin rectangle, 14x12 wax paper. (For easy handling, paper should be a few inches longer than meat layer.)
2. Mix barbecue sauce and catsup in a cup; brush about half over meat layer. (Set remaining aside for Steps 3 and 4.)
3. Mix carrots, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and eggs in a medium-size bowl; spread evenly over meat. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, using paper as a guide; lift into a greased large shallow baking pan; remove wax paper. Brush roll all over with part of remaining sauce mixture.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°), brushing several times with remaining sauce mixture, for 1 hour or until richly glazed. Remove from pan and keep hot while making gravy.
5. Stir water into drippings in pan, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan. Blend flour and milk in a 2-cup measure; stir into drippings mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boil 1 minute. Season with salt, if needed. Slice roll and serve with gravy.