|Soy milk/Cow's milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated to lukewarm|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||8 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 3 Tablespoons)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsulphured raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Date sugar/Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pour the soy milk into a bowl and add the yeast, honey, and 1/3 cup oil. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
2. Add the orange rind, salt, raisins, whole wheat flour, soy flour, and enough unbleached flour to make a dough that is sticky but can be kneaded.
3. Turn out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turn to oil top, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
4. Punch down. Divide into two pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle about 12 by 6 inches. Brush with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with sugar and coriander. Sprinkle each rectangle with 1/2 cup of the pecans.
5. Roll each rectangle like a jelly roll and cut into about 15 slices. Butter generously three 9-inch layer pans or 30 large muffin tins. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and the remaining pecans.
6. Place the rolls, cut side down, 1/2-inch apart in pans, or in muffin tins. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the rolls are done. Immediately turn upside down onto a serving dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7191 Calories from Fat 2500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 286 g440.5%
Saturated Fat 81.6 g408.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg80.6%
Sodium 2263.9 mg94.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1090 g363.4%
Dietary Fiber 82.2 g328.7%
Sugars 430.7 g
Protein 137 g274.2%
Vitamin A 59.2% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 58.6% Iron 262.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet