Stuffed Turkey Roll
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , shredded|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. To prepare the stuffing, melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion and celery until tender but not browned.
2. Add the carrot, mushrooms, and green pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the crumbs, wheat germ, salt, pepper, sage, and egg. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl combine the turkey meat, crumbs, milk, egg, mustard, salt, pepper, and sage. Mix well.
4. Turn the turkey mixture onto wax paper and spread into a 12- by 8-inch rectangle. Spread the stuffing over the turkey mixture and roll up jelly-roll fashion starting with the short end and using the paper as a guide.
5. Transfer the roll to an oiled shallow baking dish and bake in a 350-degree oven for 60 minutes.