Crumble Top Orange Rolls
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Lard/Vegetable shortening||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (4 Milliliter)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Two 1/4 Ounce Or 7 Gram Each Packages)|
|Warm water||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup, 105 To 115Â°F Or 40 To 46Â°C)|
|All purpose flour||1375 Milliliter (5 1/2 Cups)|
|Orange crumble topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Scald milk in small saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat. Add sugar, lard, orange rind and salt; stir until lard is melted. Let stand at room temperature until lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the warm water in large mixer bowl; stir to mix. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Mix milk mixture and eggs into yeast mixture; add 3 cups (750 mL) flour. Mix at low speed; then beat at medium speed until smooth and elastic,about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in as much of the remaining flour needed to make soft dough, about 1 3/4 cups (430 mL).
4. Knead dough on floured surface, adding just as much remaining flour needed to prevent sticking, until dough is smooth and elastic, 10 to 15 minutes. Place the dough in greased bowl; turn dough over to grease top. Let rise, covered, in warm place until doubled, 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare Orange Crumble Topping.
6. Punch down dough; knead briefly on lightly floured surface. Divide into 12 equal pieces; roll each piece into ball. Place balls evenly spaced on 2 greased baking sheets.
7. For each roll, press about 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Orange Crumble Topping between hands into 3-inch (8-cm) circle and place on top of dough ball.
8. For snail design, begin at center and make continuous spiral cut in Topping with tip of small knife. For crisscross design, make parallel cuts in Topping about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) apart in both directions.
9. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Let rolls rise, loosely covered, in warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
10. Bake until rolls are light brown and sound hollow when tapped, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.