|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low-fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Small Curd)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
1. Dissolve yeast in very warm water in large bowl.
2. Warm cottage cheese in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
3. Add cottage cheese, sugar, salt, soda, egg, and 1/2 cup flour to yeast. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn out onto floured board. Knead for 10 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease all sides. Cover and let rise in a warm place free from draft until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a floured board; divide dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls.
6. Place balls in 9-inch round baking pan sprayed with vegetable pan spray. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.