|Whole cabbage leaves/Outer leaves of lettuce||6|
|Carrots||2 , grated|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound, drained|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cooked and mashed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock cube||1 Ounce|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, mixed with water- 2 1/2 tablespoons|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Crusty bread loaf||1 (To Serve)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Cut the cabbages into halves and remove the thick stalks.
3) In a pan, place the leaves carefully to prevent them from breaking.
4) Stream in the water to cover and bring to a boil.
5) Take the pan off the heat and leave aside for stand 3 minutes.
6) Pour of the water and pat dry.
7) In a bowl mix together carrots, salmon, potatoes and mayonnaise.
8) Place equal quantities of the salmon mixture into the center of each cabbage leaf and roll carefully, tucking the ends under.
9) In an ovenproof dish, place the leaf parcel in a single layer.
10) In a bowl mix together water, tomato paste and crumbled stock cube.
11) Stream the tomato mixture over salmon rolls.
12) Bake uncovered in the oven at for 45 minutes.
13) Remove the cabbage rolls, set aside and keep warm.
14) In a pan, stream the cooking stock and mix in cornstarch paste.
15) Heat the pan, stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
16) Slice the salmon rolls in half.
17) Place two halves on each plate and spoon on some of the thickened stock and serve hot.