Spinach And Cheese Roll
|Spinach||10 Ounce, frozen, chopped, thawed, drained|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mashed|
|Phyllo sheets||15 (Frozen, Thawed)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, egg, feta cheese, cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper together; blend well.
3) Take one of the phyllos and brush lightly with the melted butter. Place 2 more phyllo sheets on top of it, brushing each of the sheets with butter.
4) Spread 1/5th of the spinach mixture along one short side of the phyllo sheets.
5) Fold in the sheets along the long sides, and then gently wrap it up into a roll. Brush the top of the roll lightly with butter.
6) Repeat the steps with the remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture to make 4 more rolls and brush with butter.
7) To help cut the rolls, score rolls at 1-inch intervals. At this point, the rolls can be covered and frozen for up to 6 months.
8) Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Cut into slices and serve hot.