|Compressed yeast/2 tablespoons dry active yeast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), heated to lukewarm|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. Crumble the compressed yeast and put it, or the dry yeast, in a bowl. Add the honey and, while stirring, pour in the buttermilk. Continue to stir until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Mix in 2 cups of the flour, the baking soda, and salt. Beat well. Cover and set in a warm place until the mixture rises about 2 inches up the bowl, about 25 minutes.
4. Stir down and add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Beat well. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes. Punch down.
5. Divide the dough into 24 pieces and form each piece into a ball. Put 1 inch apart in oiled cake pans or on baking sheets.
6. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 10 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.