Spicy Prune Roll
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Prune filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper cut to fit; grease paper.
2. Measure flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a sifter.
3. Beat eggs until foamy in the small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; gradually beat in granulated sugar until mixture is very thick and light. Stir in vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture; gently fold in until no streaks of flour remain. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) '13 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Loosen cake around sides of pan with a sharp knife; turn upside down onto clean towel sprinkled with 10X sugar. Starting at short end, gently roll up cake with towel; cool, seam-side down.