Spicy Prune Roll
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Prune filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper cut to fit; grease paper.
2. Measure flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a sifter.
3. Beat eggs until foamy in the small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; gradually beat in granulated sugar until mixture is very thick and light. Stir in vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture; gently fold in until no streaks of flour remain. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) '13 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Loosen cake around sides of pan with a sharp knife; turn upside down onto clean towel sprinkled with 10X sugar. Starting at short end, gently roll up cake with towel; cool, seam-side down.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1828 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg282%
Sodium 1643.8 mg68.5%
Total Carbohydrates 376 g125.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.2%
Sugars 194.6 g
Protein 41 g81.5%
Vitamin A 57.7% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 57.9% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet