Wheels Of Steel
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until light. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, wheat germ, dry milk, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Add the milk, oats, and raisins and mix well. Place a heaping tablespoon of the batter on an oiled baking sheet and spread into a circle about 4 1/2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
5. Leave ample room for the cookies to spread. It may be wise to have only two on one large sheet. Make more circles with the remaining batter and seeds. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until done. Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then, using a wide spatula, transfer carefully to a wire rack.