Wheels Of Steel
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until light. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, wheat germ, dry milk, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Add the milk, oats, and raisins and mix well. Place a heaping tablespoon of the batter on an oiled baking sheet and spread into a circle about 4 1/2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
5. Leave ample room for the cookies to spread. It may be wise to have only two on one large sheet. Make more circles with the remaining batter and seeds. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until done. Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then, using a wide spatula, transfer carefully to a wire rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4276 Calories from Fat 1665
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g298.3%
Saturated Fat 77.1 g385.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 472.5 mg157.5%
Sodium 2432.3 mg101.3%
Total Carbohydrates 587 g195.7%
Dietary Fiber 46.5 g186%
Sugars 347.6 g
Protein 109 g217.1%
Vitamin A 62.3% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 162.8% Iron 123.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet