Veal Birds Or Stuffed Veal Rolls
|Cooked ham slice||6|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Coarsely shredded carrots||6 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Place cutlets between waxed paper, and flatten with a rolling pin.
2. Sprinkle each piece with sage, salt and pepper.
3. Place a slice of ham on each.
4. Top with onion, garlic and 1 tbsp. carrot.
5. Roll up each slice, and tuck in ends. Tie with string or secure with tooth picks.
6. Roll each in flour.
7. Melt butter in frying pan, and brown rolls on all sides.
8. Add beef broth, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
9. Add wine, cover, and simmer another 10 minutes.
10. Transfer the birds to a platter and place in a warm oven.
11. Reduce the liquid in frying pan to 1/2 cup.
12. Carefully add sour cream €” do not boil.
13. Return birds to fry pan, and heat gently, rotating the birds to cover each with sauce.