Cinnamon Butterfly Rolls
1. In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast, and 1 cup flour. In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat milk and 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) until very warm (120° to 130°F.). Butter or margarine does not need to melt.
2. With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract, 1 egg, and 1 cup flour to make a thick batter; continue beating 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. With wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups flour to make a soft dough.
3. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in more flour (about 1/3 cup). Shape into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Punch down dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; cut dough in half; cover and let rest 15 minutes. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans, raisins, and cinnamon. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/2 stick).
5. With floured rolling pin, roll half of dough into 17 1/2 by 12" rectangle. Brush with half of melted butter; sprinkle with half of brown-sugar mixture. From 17 1/2-inch edge, roll dough jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal. Cut roll into 9 wedges, 2 1/2 inches at wide side, 1 inch at short side.
6. Turn wedges short side up. Press handle of wooden spoon across each. Repeat with other half of dough.
7. Place rolls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F. In cup, beat remaining egg; with pastry brush, brush rolls. Bake rolls 20 minutes or until golden. Remove rolls from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 810 Calories from Fat 806
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141%
Saturated Fat 58 g290.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243 mg81%
Sodium 12.4 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 0.07 g0.02%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.96 g1.9%
Vitamin A 56.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 0.13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet