Clam Stuffed Fish Roll Ups
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Diced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Flounder fillets/Sole fillets||4|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Hard-cook 1 egg; chop and set aside. Drain clams, reserving clam liquid.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook onion and celery until tender. Stir in bread cubes; cook 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in drained clams, remaining egg, thyme, and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
3. Divide bread mixture into four parts; shape each into a log the same size as the broadest width of each fish fillet. Place bread mixture on center of each fillet; roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting from the narrow end. Sprinkle fish rolls with salt.
4. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat wine and reserved clam liquid to boiling. Place fish rolls, seam side down, in wine mixture; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and simmer fish rolls 12 to 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. With slotted spoon or pancake turner, remove fish rolls to warm deep platter. Keep warm.
5. In cup or small bowl, blend half-and-half and cornstarch; stir into fish cooking liquid in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly and boils; boil 1 minute. Stir in chopped hard-cooked egg and remaining 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Spoon sauce over fish roll-ups.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 1057
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183%
Saturated Fat 61.1 g305.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 964.7 mg321.6%
Sodium 3937 mg164%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 117 g233.9%
Vitamin A 102.8% Vitamin C 88.4%
Calcium 72.7% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet