Potato & Walnut Cutlet
|Stoned blanched deskined walnuts||50 Gram|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Rose water||3 Drop|
|Green cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mace powder||1 Pinch|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for shallow frying)|
|Powdered cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered (roasted)|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon (for binding)|
|Dry mint powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiled and peeled potatoes||2|
1. mash the potatoes with your hands till they are smooth.
2. chop the walnuts fine or puree them if you need extra smooth taste.
3. soak the saffron in the milk for a few minutes
4. now mix all the ingredients excluding butter in a bowl & make a smooth dough with no lumps left.
5. smear a pan with butter or put some butter on a girdle.
6. make the bite size patties or cutlets of the mixture & cook them from both the sides till browned.
7. serve with indian plum sauce ( aloo bukhara chutney)
8. a very good starter to start up your dinner.