Lamb Cabbage Rolls
|Ground lamb||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , finely sliced|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Rice||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Flour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tomatoes||30 Milliliter, diced (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tomato juice||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Blanch cabbage leaves in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and let stand to cool.
– In a bowl, combine ground lamb, onion, salt, pepper, thyme, and rice.
– Spread 1 tbsp (15 ml) of mixture onto each cabbage leaf, roll and set aside.
– In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and heat for a few minutes.
– Add tomatoes and tomato juice, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
– Place cabbage rolls in sauce with bay leaf; cover, simmer for 1 hour.