White Batter Rolls
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
1. Scald milk, stir in 3 T. sugar, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 c. shortening. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Measure into bowl lukewarm water, 2 tsp. sugar and sprinkle the yeast into it and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Stir lukewarm milk mixture into yeast mixture.
4. Add flour, stir till well blended, about 2 minutes.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place free from draft until double in bulk, about 40 minutes.
6. Bake at 400° about 25 minutes.