Whole Wheat Batter Rolls
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Measure into bowl the lukewarm water and stir in 2 t. sugar.
2. Sprinkle with yeast and let stand 10 minutes. Then stir well.
3. Meantime scald together ingredients in Group B and cool to lukewarm.
4. Stir yeast mixture (A) into milk mixture (B).
5. Stir in (C) egg and flour.
6. Beat well for 2 minutes until batter is smooth and elastic.
7. Scrape down sides of bowl and cover with damp cloth.
8. Let rise in warm place free from draft until double in bulk €” about 40 minutes.
9. Stir down batter and fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2070 Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.2%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.3 mg93.1%
Sodium 4060.4 mg169.2%
Total Carbohydrates 315 g104.9%
Dietary Fiber 30.1 g120.6%
Sugars 73.4 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 38.2% Iron 93%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet