Deep Fried Fish Rolls With Almonds
|Almond meats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Smoked ham slice||3|
|Ginger juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Blanch and mince almonds.
2. Cut fish fillets in 2- by 3-inch pieces, smoked ham in 1- by 2-inch pieces.
3. Mince scallion stalk; extract ginger juice; then combine with cornstarch, sugar, salt, soy sauce and sherry. Beat egg lightly and blend in.
4. Dip fish pieces in mixture; then coat on one side only with minced almonds. Wrap each piece of fish (almond side in) around one strip of ham and roll up. (Fasten with a toothpick or tie with white thread.) Meanwhile heat oil.
5. Add fish rolls, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain briefly on paper toweling and serve.