Cottage Cheese Rolls
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Warm)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), sifted|
1. Put orange juice into a warm large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over orange juice and stir until dissolved.
2. Heat cottage cheese in a small saucepan just until lukewarm. Stir cheese into yeast mixture. Add remaining ingredients except flour; mix well. Beat in flour gradually until completely blended, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary; beat vigorously about 20 strokes (dough will be sticky and heavy).
3. Cover bowl with a clean towel; let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
4. Stir dough down. Divide evenly among 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin pan wells. Cover with towel; let rise again 35 minutes, or until double in bulk.
5. Bake at 350Â°F 25 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
6. Remove from pans and serve while hot.