Deep Fried Fish Rolls With Pork
|Cooked pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger root slices||2|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Cut fish fillets in 2- by 3-inch pieces.
2. Mince or grind cooked pork then combine with sherry and sugar. Top fish strips with mixture, then roll up each piece to enclose stuffing. (Fasten with a toothpick or tie with white thread.)
3. Mince onion and ginger root; then combine in a cup with soy sauce, remaining sherry and sugar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Meanwhile heat oil.
4. Add fish rolls, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Heat stock in a pan. Add onion-ginger mixture and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour sauce over fish rolls and serve.