Crab Filled Fish Rolls Veracruz Style
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Minced parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crabmeat||1⁄4 Pound, shredded|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish fillets||6 , cut into long, thin slices (Such As Red Snapper / Sole)|
|Lemon/Lime||1 , juiced|
1. Rinse fish; rub with lemon or lime juice; soak in milk.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet. Saute onion and garlic in oil; add tomato and cook until no longer juicy. Remove from heat and stir in pars ley, salt, and pepper. Add crabmeat and 1/3 of the cheese and mix well.
3. Remove fish from milk and pat dry with paper towels. Place a small amount of crabmeat filling on one end of fillet and roll up, as for a jelly roll. Place fish rolls in one layer in a greased baking dish.
4. Beat sour cream with egg yolk and pour over fish. Dot with butter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
5. Bake at 350°F until golden brown and cheese is melted