19 Jul 2014
|Cake flour||250 Gram, sifted (as needed)|
|Bread flour||250 Gram, sifted|
|Warm milk||200 Milliliter, divided|
|White sugar||70 Gram|
|Active dry yeast||4 Gram (or 12 gram fresh yeast)|
|Butter||100 Gram, softened|
|Cake flour||35 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||3 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||150 Gram|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|For the glaze|
|Powdered sugar||100 Gram|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Cinnamon extract/Ground cinnamon||4 Drop|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together cake flour and bread flour. Set aside.
- For the sponge – In a small bowl, add in the yeast and 50 millilitre milk. Stir well.
- Add in the malt and 100 gram sifted flour. Knead until smooth.
- Take out the flour and place over a working surface knead with hands. Cover the ball of dough with cling film and let it rise for at least 40 minute or until doubled in volume, in the turned off oven with the light on.
- In a large saucepan, pour in the remaining milk, vanilla pod and its seeds, the sugar and butter. Warm it over low heat, until the butter is melted but still creamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in half of the remaining flour. Gradually add in the milk mixture and the sponge, one piece at a time.
- Stir in the eggs, flour and milk mixture alternately. Halfway through add in the salt.
- Remove the dough from the paddle and fit the mixer with the dough hook and knead for 10 minutes.
- Take out the dough over a floured pastry board, knead to form into a ball, place in a bowl, dusted with flour.
- Cover with cling film and let it rise for at least 2 hours in the turned off oven with the light on.
- For brushing – in a small bowl, beat the egg white and in another bowl, mix together egg yolk and cream and set aside.
- For the filling – In a medium bowl, combine together the butter with the brown sugar.
- Add in the ground cinnamon and the flour.
- Take out dough onto a floured pastry board and roll it out into a square about 12-14 inches.
- Take the filling mixture and spread it on the dough, leaving a border of at least 1 ¼ inches.
- Brush the edges with the egg white. Place the seam side down and wrap the roll in cling film and twist the ends. Wrap the roll with cling film twice and place in refrigerator until firm.
- Using a piece of nylon string, slice the roll about 1 inch thick.
- Arrange the slices on the prepared baking tray and allow rising until doubled in volume. After that place the rolls in the fridge for an hour.
- Once removed from the fridge, brush with the egg yolk mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze – in a medium bowl, add in the powdered sugar and add 1 tablespoon boiling water at a time, and mix until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Add in the cinnamon extract and mix well.
- Take out the roll and place over the cooling rack. Drizzle with glaze.
- Serve the cinnamon roll with tea or coffee.
Things You Will NeedNylon String
Restriction:Lacto Ovo Vegetarian
Preparation Time:30 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
Ready In:50 Minutes
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Video