1. For the pear sauce, peel and cut pears into quarters and core them.
2. Peel garlic and cut into half.
3. In a pot, heat olive oil and add garlic, roughly chopped pears and marjoram.
4. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
5. Then, season with salt and pepper.
6. Add vegetable stock and cook until soft. When pears are done add freshly ground black pepper, remove from heat and cool and puree them.
7. For the risotto, chop onion.
8. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and a pinch of salt and stir.
9. When onion is soft, add rice and another pinch of salt. Stir constantly so rice doesn’t stick and toasts uniformly.
10. Once rice is toasted, start adding boiling stock, a ladleful at a time.
11. When stock evaporates and rice becomes slightly dry, add more stock. Continue cooking in this way for 16 to 18 minutes, depending on the variety of rice.
12. Remove from heat when risotto still has a little liquid.
13. Add ½ of the gorgonzola and butter. Cover and let rest for a minute.
14. Then add the remaining Gorgonzola and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until creamy.
15. Pour the pear sauce into the bottom of the individual bowls and spoon the risotto on tip.
If you want an authentic Italian recipe that is healthy and easy to make. Try making Risotto with Gorgonzola Cheese and Fresh Pear Sauce with Chef Matteo Carboni from the Academia Barilla. He shows the recipe step by step making it easy even for non-Italians to understand and follow. The risotto is also easy but requires constant attention for a creamy texture.