Risotto with Gorgonzola Cheese and Fresh Pear Sauce
|Carnaroli rice||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chop|
|Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooking butter||1 Ounce|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||3 Ounce|
|Garlic clove||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely (for the sauce)|
|Marjoram||2 Sprig (for the sauce)|
|Pear||3 Medium, peeled, chopped (for the sauce)|
1. For the pear sauce, peel and cut pears into quarters and core them.
2. Peel garlic and cut into half.
3. In a pot, heat olive oil and add garlic, roughly chopped pears and marjoram.
4. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
5. Then, season with salt and pepper.
6. Add vegetable stock and cook until soft. When pears are done add freshly ground black pepper, remove from heat and cool and puree them.
7. For the risotto, chop onion.
8. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and a pinch of salt and stir.
9. When onion is soft, add rice and another pinch of salt. Stir constantly so rice doesn’t stick and toasts uniformly.
10. Once rice is toasted, start adding boiling stock, a ladleful at a time.
11. When stock evaporates and rice becomes slightly dry, add more stock. Continue cooking in this way for 16 to 18 minutes, depending on the variety of rice.
12. Remove from heat when risotto still has a little liquid.
13. Add ½ of the gorgonzola and butter. Cover and let rest for a minute.
14. Then add the remaining Gorgonzola and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until creamy.
15. Pour the pear sauce into the bottom of the individual bowls and spoon the risotto on tip.
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg13.4%
Sodium 1282 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet