Tomato and Basil Risotto with Roast Chicken
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Arborio rice||120 Gram (about 60 grams per person)|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||400 Gram, mashed|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Basil||20 Gram (one handful)|
|Basil||20 Gram, chop (one handful)|
1. For chicken, preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Cut drumstick as shown in the video. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Place a pan on flame and pour oil in it. Drop drumstick in pan and cook until nice and golden.
4. Pop the pan in oven and roast chicken for 25-20 minutes.
5. For risotto, in sauce pan combine chicken stock, basil, and garlic. Stir well and keep it warm.
6. Place a pan on medium flame and heat olive oil in it. Add onion, celery and salt. Stir and let it sweat for 5 minutes.
7. Pour wine and cook until it almost evaporates.
8. Throw rice in pan, and cook until translucent.
9. Pour stock, a little at a time. Stir constantly and cook until stock is absorbed. Repeat the process.
10. Drop tomato paste when the first ladle of stock is absorbed. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Half way through the cooking process, pour peeled tomato. Cook until liquid is absorbed, and then add more stock. Taste and cook until done.
12. Turn the heat off when rice is al dente. Drop basil, salt, pepper, butter, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Cover the pan with lid and let it rest for 2 minutes.
13. Garnish risotto with cheese and serve it hot with roasted chicken and crusty bread.