|For vegan broth|
|Carrot`||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Celery stalks||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Asparagus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), woody part|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Arborio risotto rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Vegan broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as required)|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. In a pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion, carrots, celery and asparagus.
2. Pour water and add salt and lemon zest. Bring it to boil and simmer till all the vegetables are cooked well.
3. Strain the broth through a strainer while mashing the vegetables to get all the nutrients and fiber from them. Set aside.
4. In another heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion till translucent.
5. Add the rice and stir. Pour 1 cup vegan broth and stir till it evaporates. Pour another cup of broth and repeat the process till the rice is soft and cooked.
6. Put the asparagus and stir. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the risotto hot with any accompaniment of choice.
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1191 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 111.7% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet