|Arborio risotto rice/Short grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Stock/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (you can use any stock)|
|Parmesan reggiano||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Add butter in a saute-pan and sauté onions in it until soft and creamy.
2. In another pan bring the stock/water/cooking liquid to a boil.
3. When the onions become translucent. Add the rice. Stir for a while, until all the grains are nicely coated and turned translucent.
4. Now, add hot stock/water slowly to the rice. Add 1 ladle at a time and keep stirring allowing all the liquid to be absorbed by the rice before you add the next ladle.
5. Cook the rice until al dente. It should be soft yet have a bite and should not be chalky. Add salt and pepper to season. You can leave it simple… maybe just finish it with a little butter.
6.Serve topped with Parmigiano if you like.
Be creative and add any ingredients you’d like… maybe fresh herbs or pancetta & peas or mixed veggies.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg7.9%
Sodium 970.5 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 0.97%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet