Risotto Video #3-Cooking with Kat-Cappella
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Mushroom||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato||1 Can (10 oz), dice|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried spices||1 Teaspoon (Or to taste. Includes basil, parsley, garlic)|
1) In a pan, combine chicken stock and white wine and keep warm.
2) To a large pan, add butter and a little bit of olive oil on a medium-low heat.
3) Add the chopped garlic, give it a quick stir and allow to sweat.
4) Add the rice to the garlic and stir to coat the rice.
5) Allow rice to cook for 1-2 minutes.
6) Add 6 ladles of stock or enough to just cover the risotto and keep the heat on medium-low.
7) Once the liquid has evaporated, add more and repeat till the liquid has been completely absorbed.
8) To another pan, add olive oil and put on medium heat.
9) Add the Italian sausage and break up into smaller pieces while stirring.
10) In another pan, add diced tomatoes and mushrooms and keep on a low heat to remove moisture.
11) Constantly stir the sausage to avoid any burning.
12) Check the risotto and if liquid has evaporated, add some more.
13) Once sausage is cooked, remove from heat.
14) Cook risotto till it is al dente.
15) Remove the vegetables from the heat once the water has evaporated.
16) Add dried spices to the vegetable and mix.
17) Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the risotto and stir in.
18) Add vegetable and sausage to the risotto and combine.
19) Serve garnished with parsley.
Calories 1051 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.9 mg43.3%
Sodium 1472.8 mg61.4%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet