Sweet Pea Feature - Risotto
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut in small square (for peas salad)|
|Onion||1 Medium, mince (for peas salad)|
|Sweet pea||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for peas salad)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (for peas salad)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (for peas salad)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for risotto)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for risotto)|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for risotto)|
|Saffron||1 Teaspoon (for risotto)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for risotto)|
|Green pea||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for risotto)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for risotto)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, grated (for risotto)|
1. Boil and simmer stock for risotto. Keep it aside.
2. Put peas in boiling stock for about 5 minutes or until it is tender.
3. For peas salad, in some boiling salted water, put the carrots, onion, and peas. Simmer together for 5 minutes.
4. Drain extra water, rinse it off, and put it in a bowl. Add salt and pepper on top. Mix well
5. For risotto, in a frying pot, heat butter and olive oil. Add rice in it and toast, for 2-3 min or until you see a little pearl of rice inside it.
6. Sprinkle saffron on rice. Stir and bring out the flavors.
7. Pour wine, and when it starts boiling start adding the stock. Add a cup of stock and simmer. Do it in intervals, until the rice is done.
8. Add peas along with stock in the last 5 minutes of cooking risotto.
9. Stir in light cream. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and butter on top. Mix it well. Take it off the heat and let it set for 5 minutes.
10. Transfer it on a serving plate; top it with a spoon of light cream.
11. Serve risotto hot with kebab and basil garnish.
If you want your carrots extra soft, then put them first. The time of simmering depends on how tender you want your carrots.
You can even use vegetable stock or water to prepare the risotto.