Tasty Butternut Squash Risotto
|Butternut squash||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled and cubed from a 1-0.50 pound squash|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided (Or More)|
|White onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Such As Chardonnay)|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Arugula||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2) Add butternut squash and sauté until squash begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
3) Add 1 cup broth, cover and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
4) Place squash and broth in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
5) If mixture is too thick, add a bit of water until puree resembles thick cake batter and set aside.
6) Warm the remaining chicken stock in a small saucepan over medium heat.
7) Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
8) Add onion and a pinch of salt, and "sweat" the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
9) Add risotto and sauté until it turns translucent and absorbs part of oil.
10) Pour in wine, stirring until completely absorbed by rice, about 5 minutes.
11) Add one cup of broth, lower heat to medium and simmer until broth is almost completely absorbed by rice, stirring often.
12) Repeat two more times with remaining broth.
13) Mix in 1-1/2 cups butternut puree (reserve remaining puree for another use) and add Parmesan.
14) Cook until rice is al dente but still creamy, another 3 to 4 minutes.
15) Season with salt and pepper if desired. Divide risotto among plates, top with arugula and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 192; Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium (not including additional seasoning): 90mg; Carbohydrates: 30g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g