Risotto with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||31 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (3 cans, 10 1/2 ounce size)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 package)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
3. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes till golden brown in color and tender. Keep stirring.
4. Add rice and cook. Stir till rice turns golden brown in color.
5. Pour broth into a 1-quart measure and also add water to make 4 cups.
6. Stir broth into rice mixture and bring to boiling.
7. Cover Dutch oven and cook rice for 20 minutes, or until tender and all liquid is absorbed.
8. Add salt and pepper.
9. In a medium skillet, prepare vegetables as per instructions on the package labels.
10. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute artichokes, until golden.
11. Peel tomatoes. Remove its seeds. Chop the pulp very finely.
12. In medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter, and cook tomato for 5 minutes.
13. Fluff up rice with fork. Slowly mix the tomatoes, artichokes and half of grated cheese.
14. In warm serving dish pile rice. Sprinkle olives and rest of the cheese.
16. Serve Risotto With Artichoke Hearts And Tomatoes immediately.