Braised Quails with Risotto
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Chopped herbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Stock||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. Place the vine leaves on table top, put a small piece of butter inside each quail and wrap in the wine leaves.
3. Brown the almonds in a pan with some oil.
4. In a pan melt 1 ounce of butter and cook onions, carrot, celery, and mushrooms until the onions turn golden.
5. Keep the quails on top of the cooked vegetables in an ovenproof dish and add a little sherry, 3-4 tablespoons of stock, herbs and seasoning.
6. Put the pan in the preheated oven and braise for 25 minutes or until the quails are tender.
7. In a pot heat butter and cook the onions until golden brown.
8. Put in the rice and cook for 1 more minute.
9. Pour in stock; add raisins, green pepper and herbs.
10. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
11. Mix in olives and almonds.
12. Remove the quails and vegetables, add the remaining sherry and stock to the pan, prepare a sauce, strain and keep it aside.
13. In a serving plate put the risotto at the bottom and arrange the quails on top with the vegetables.
14. Serve hot with the sauce and a green salad if preferred.
Calories 941 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.1 mg69%
Sodium 604 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 95.9% Vitamin C 91.3%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet