Mixed Mushroom Risotto With Wilted Greens
|Water||1⁄2 Pint, boiling|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Risotto rice||8 Ounce|
|Mixed mushrooms||9 Ounce, sliced (Firm Ones)|
|Parmesan||2 Tablespoon, grated (Plus Shavings To Serve)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|For the wilted greens|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed baby greens||3 Ounce|
1. Put the Porcini mushrooms in a bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Leave to soak.
2. Into a saucepan, pour the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
3. Finely chop the shallot and garlic. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the shallot and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for a further 1 minute.
4. Add a ladleful of hot stock to the rice and stir until it has been absorbed. Continue to gradually stir in the stock over a gentle heat until it has all been absorbed. This will take about 15 minutes.
5. Into a small pan, pour the olive oil and heat gently. Peel and halve the garlic. Halve the chilli and remove the seeds. Add the garlic and chilli to the oil and heat very gently for 10 minutes until
the garlic has softened but barely colored.
6. Remove the soaked mushrooms from the liquid and add to the risotto. Stir the soaking liquid into the stock and continue to add to the risotto.
7. In a frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and a knob of the butter and add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir the fried mushrooms, grated Parmesan cheese and remaining butter into the risotto. Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and cover.
8. Remove the garlic and chilli from the oil and discard. Stir the lemon juice and plenty of black pepper into the oil and heat gently. Pour the dressing over the baby leaves and toss well together. Sprinkle with sea salt.
9. Into warmed serving bowls, spoon the risotto and pile the wilted greens in the centre. Scatter shavings of Parmesan on top of the greens and serve at once.