Sherried Chicken Risotto
|Raw rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken pieces||12 (Legs / Thighs / Breasts)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Lightly butter a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle rice over the bottom.
3. In a bowl combine soups, butter and sherry.
4. Over the rice spread 1 1/2 cups of soup mixture.
5. Place chicken in single layer on top of soup and spread over the remaining soup mixture.
6. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Remove cover and bake 1 hour longer.
8. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese at the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking time.
9. Serve the risotto hot with cheese melted over the almonds.