Sherried Chicken Risotto
|Raw rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken pieces||12 (Legs / Thighs / Breasts)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Lightly butter a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle rice over the bottom.
3. In a bowl combine soups, butter and sherry.
4. Over the rice spread 1 1/2 cups of soup mixture.
5. Place chicken in single layer on top of soup and spread over the remaining soup mixture.
6. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Remove cover and bake 1 hour longer.
8. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese at the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking time.
9. Serve the risotto hot with cheese melted over the almonds.
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.7 mg79.2%
Sodium 1001.8 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 73 g146.4%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet