|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Raw rice||1⁄2 Pound (125 Grams)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Saffron powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
1) Risotto : In a pan, saute the onion in oil until golden.
2) Stir in the rice, stir constantly and cook, until the rice is golden.
3) Pour in 1 1/4 cups of hot water and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
4) Add more hot water if needed and cook further until the rice is soft but not mushy.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Sauce: In a saucepan, saute the onion in oil until tender.
7) Then stir in the wine and tomatoes.
8) Season with salt and pepper.
9) Then stir in the garlic, parsley and saffron.
10) Simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
11) Then stir in the green pepper and simmer for another 15 minutes.
12) Spoon the sauce over the Risotto and serve the Risotto Provencal hot.