|Meat/Game / poultry / liver||2 Ounce, chopped and cooked|
|Mushrooms/Tomatoes||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Hot stock||1 Pint|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a thick heavy frying pan melt fat and add onion. Fry until soft.
2. Gently add unwashed rice and fry for 3 mins.
3. Pour 1/3 of the stock over it and boil the mixture. Cook for 20 mins until rice is done. Keep adding remaining stock when required as the rice absorbs the liquid. Stir only when required.
4. Mix cooked meat and mushrooms or tomatoes (or both). Heat thoroughly.
5. Add seasoning if required.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese over it or pass cheese separately.