Main Dish Risotto
Carrot - 1 medium, chopped
Regular long-grain rice - 1 cup
Clove garlic - 1 medium, crushed
Cooked or canned chick peas - 1 cup
Cooked or canned kidney beans - 1 cup
Frozen peas - 1 cup, thawed
Green onions - 1/4 cup, sliced
Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
Chicken Broth - 1 can (14 1/2 ounces)
Butter or margarine - 1/4 cup
Water - 1 cup
Pepper to taste
1) Take a 4-quart saucepan and melt butter in it. potatoes and carrot 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Stir in water, broth, rice and garlic. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add kidney beans, chick peas, peas and onions. Cook for some time.
4) Gently stir cheese into rice mixture and cook until cheese melts.
5) Sprinkle pepper and serve.