Romertopf Mushroom Risotto
|Arborio rice||12 Ounce|
|Asparagus spears||3 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Mushrooms/Other fungi like chanterelles / dried mixed fungi from italy||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (slightly warm)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute the chopped mushrooms and rice for a few minutes or till they change color slightly.
3) Add in the asparagus, ham and tomatoes. Continue to saute for a few minutes.
4) Into a soaked romertopf, add in all the sauted ingredients.
5) Pour the stock and white wine over the rice mixture.
6) Season with salt and pepper on top.
7) Cover the vessel and cook for about 40 minutes.
8) Serve the Mushroom Risotto hot, sprinkled with grated cheese, remaining butter and warmed cream.