Creamy Risotto With Mushrooms
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Button mushroom||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan bring the chicken broth to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the mushrooms are wilted. Remove and set aside.
3. In the saucepan heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Stir in a 1/3 of the unsalted butter.
4. Stir in the Arborio rice and toast for 5 to 7 minutes. Constantly stir the rice to prevent burning.
5. Stir in the white wine. Add 1 1/2 cups of the simmering chicken broth. Continue to stir the Arborio rice until the broth is absorbed.
6. Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and continually stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat until the broth is all used up.
7. Stir in the reserved mushrooms and garlic.
8. Stir in the remaining unsalted butter, whipping cream, Italian parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese..
9. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com