|Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Marmite||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 600- 750 ml/1 -1 1/2 pints boiling water|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Pint (600- 750 Milliliter, For Dissolving The Marmite)|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Castor sugar||1 Pinch|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked peas||4 Ounce, cold (100 Gram)|
|Canned sweetcorn with peppers||7 Ounce (1 Can, 198 Gram)|
|Gouda cheese||6 Ounce, cut into small dice (175 Gram)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Melt the margarine in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the mushrooms, cook for a few seconds, stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 600 ml/1 pint of the Marmite stock.
4. Cook gently with lid on for 20-25 minutes until the rice is just tender and has absorbed the stock.
5. Add the extra stock if necessary.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
7. To make the dressing, place salt, pepper, mustard and sugar in a serving bowl, blend in the oil gradually, and beat in the vinegar.
8. Add the cooked rice and remaining ingredients, stir and serve at once with a green salad.