|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
1. Into a large saucepan bring the stock to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer.
2. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over low heat. Add the onion, and saute it, stirring it often, until it is soft.
3. Add the rice, mix it well with the onion and saute the rice, stirring it constantly, such that it is lightly toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
4. Raise the heat, add the wine and simmer the rice, stirring it often, such that the wine has been absorbed by the rice.
5. Pouring in 1 cup of the hot stock, stir the ingredients well and simmer the rice, stirring it often to prevent it from sticking, such that the liquid is absorbed.
6. Add another 1 cup of stock and repeat the procedure adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time and stirring the rice well.
7. The stock must be added only when the previous amount has been almost completely absorbed and the rice is done when it is creamy and tender but al dente which will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Taking the rice off heat, mix in the butter and Parmesan.
9. Season the risotto with the salt and pepper and serve it immediately.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg6.3%
Sodium 617.7 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet