Lemony Risotto With Shrimp
|Extra virgin olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||5 Teaspoon, divided|
|Finely chopped onion||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Finely grated lemon zest||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Arborio rice||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|White wine||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Chicken broth||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Shrimp||12 Medium, , peeled and deveined|
|Blanched corn kernels||250 Milliliter (Fresh Or Thawed Frozen, 1 Cup)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fine chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (Use Fresh Ones)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Set the rice cooker for the Quick Cook or Regular cycle. When the bottom of the bowl gets hot, add oil and 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter and let butter melt. Sauté onion for about 3 minutes or until softened and translucent. Stir in lemon zest.
2. Stir in rice until completely coated. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until mostly translucent and only a dot of white remains. Stir in wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until evaporated. Stir in broth. Close the lid and reset for the Porridge or Regular cycle. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Stir two or three times while the risotto is cooking.
3. When the timer sounds, fold in shrimp, corn and lemon juice. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
4. When the timer sounds, check to make sure risotto is al dente and shrimp are pink and opaque. If necessary, continue cooking, checking for doneness every 5 minutes. Fold in the remaining butter. Fold in Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and lemon wedges. Serve additional Parmesan on the side.
Substitute 1 cup (250 mL) chopped grilled chicken for the shrimp, adding it with the Parmesan.
To blanch fresh corn kernels, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add corn and boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer corn to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely. Drain.
Try using Meyer lemons for the juice and zest.
This risotto will hold on the Keep Warm cycle for about 1 hour, but you'll need to add 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) more broth for a creamy consistency. Wait until you're ready to serve before folding in the Parmesan, seasoning and garnishing.
• Medium to large rice cooker; fuzzy logic (preferred) or on/off
Excerpted from 300 Best Rice Cooker Recipes by Katie Chin © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.