|Diced pancetta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4 Inch)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Crimini mushrooms/Shiitake / white mushrooms||8 Ounce, stems trimmed, caps wiped clean with a damp paper towel, sliced (Fresh)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Homemade chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Arborio rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Young spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until it is lightly browned and the fat is released.
2. Spoon pancetta into a bowl and keep aside.
3. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the fat.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high.
5. Stir in mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes until softened.
6. Transfer mushrooms to the pancetta and keep aside.
7. In a large heavy pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
8. Stir in onion and cook with constant stirring for about 10 minutes until wilted.
9. In a medium size pan, simultaneously bring the chicken broth to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer gently.
10. Stir in rice along with the onion.
11. Using a wooden spoon, stir for about 1 minute to evenly coat grains with oil.
12. Stir in wine and cook with constant stirring for 3-4 minutes until all the wine has been absorbed by the rice.
13. Stir in chopped spinach.
14. Pour the boiling broth into the rice mixture, 1 ladle at a time (about 1/2 cup), and cook with frequent stirring over medium heat until the broth is absorbed into the rice before adding the next.
15. When the rice is cooked and almost all the broth has been added and absorbed, stir in the reserved pancetta and mushrooms.
16. Add butter and cheese; mix well.
17. Season with salt and pepper.
18. Serve immediately with a bowl of freshly grated Parmesan to sprinkle over the top.
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg10.8%
Sodium 1447.8 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet